Where has the year gone? December was here before I knew it but considering what the TASSO Team and I have been up to over the past few months it’s not really that much of a surprise.
- Catching up with DoE Secretary, Jenny Gale.
- Catching up with AEU (Tas) President, Helen Richardson.
- A Community Empowered Schools Workshop
- The ACSSO Roundtable in Canberra
- National Labor Education Forum Melbourne
- TASSO President catch-up with Anna Jones (Minister’s Advisor)
- Working Together for 3 Year Olds Workshop
- Years 11 & 12 Expressions of Interest Panel
- Catching up with the Tasmanian Principals Association (TPA)
- CES Board Game: The Game Changer trial Goodwood PS
- Non-For-Profit Leadership Conference
- AEU Educ. Stakeholders – State Political Leaders Panel
- Inclusion Advisory Panel
- Tasmanian School Canteen Association Board Meetings
This is one of my favourite parts of the school year, when our school communities come together and celebrate the achievements of our student, with celebration dinners, assemblies, and presentation nights. Though in my experience I’d recommend some tissues I find these events can be very emotional for parents and carers.
Congratulations and well done to all of our students on another excellent year, especially our Year 12 students on completing this phase of their schooling and will be moving on to the next phase of their lives. Whether that be furthering their education with Year 13, TAFE or University, entering the workforce, starting an apprenticeship, or taking a well-earned break with a gap year. Whatever pathway they choose we wish them all the very best in their future endeavours.
Finally on behalf of the TASSO management committee and staff we wish you all a safe and festive summer break. I look forward to working with you all again in the New Year.