If you’re reading this newsletter there is a chance you may already have some idea of the work TASSO does… maybe not?
TASSO is an independent community based apolitical organisation founded in 1947. We are recognised in Tasmania and nationally as being the peak Tasmanian body representing families, students and school communities in the realm of public education.
We believe that an effective school system is a partnership of families, students, school community and Department of Education staff.
While we work to support school organisations regardless of their membership status with us, we do offer further benefits as paying members.
These include: The TASSO Management Committee and staff providing knowledge, support and guidance to :
School Associations, their Committees and communities, individual families, parents/carers and students to assist them to achieve the best educational outcomes.TASSO provides representation on like-minded government and non-government stakeholder groups.
What does your School Association get for their TASSO Membership?
- The opportunity to attend, free of charge, TASSO workshops and forums held throughout Tasmania.
- The ability to send two voting delegates to TASSO General Meetings, including the AGM, or have one proxy vote.
- Representation through TASSO on government and non-government stakeholder groups and with Tasmanian Ministers, Shadow Ministers and Department .
- TASSO newsletters and media releases.
- The capacity to invite TASSO Representatives to your Committee meetings or other events you believe it would be advantageous.
- The ability to nominate someone from your school as a candidate for election to the TASSO Management Committee
The opportunity to provide promotional information to TASSO for inclusion on our Facebook page and newsletter about events at your school, which would appeal to the wider community.