Term 3 Regional Forum Notice 2021
With guest speaker Julie from the Tasmanian School Canteen Association
27, 28, 29 July
Southern, Northern, North-West
This term we are fortunate enough to have guest speaker Julie Dunbabin who is the Executive Officer from the Tasmanian School Canteen Association. This will be a valuable session where Julie will be able to impart some wisdom and share ways to help not only your children but every child at your school to eat more healthily.
We will be offering the same options for attending as always.
Register online: https://events.humanitix.com/tasso-regional-forum-with-tas-canteens
Times will all be 7-8 pm
Southern Forum: TASSO Office, 15 Rowitta Road, Lindisfarne
Northern Forum: TBC
North-West: Argosy Motor Inn, 221 Tarleton St, East Devonport
Each of these presentations will be streamed online for anyone to attend. This means that if you can’t make it into your local venue you still have the option of logging onto a meeting being cast from either of the other two venues. For those attending in person, Jared our President will be hosting contributing
The TSCA was formed in 1994. It is a not for profit, non-government organisation and is jointly funded by the Tasmanian Department of Education and the Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services. The TSCA supports the broader school community by ensuring a variety of healthy foods and drinks are served at the canteen.
The TCSA is responsible for –
• The provision of resources and advice on food selection and menu planning
• Assistance with achieving good canteen management and operations
• Assisting with the development of policies around nutrition
• Providing food safety information
• Encouraging the healthy eating message to the whole school through canteen, classroom and school activities
• The delivery of seminars, newsletters, food expos and workshops for canteen managers, teachers and the school community
• The Canteen Accreditation Program team assisting schools to achieve a School Canteen Accreditation Award.